The Lazarus Man: The Palace of Dreams  » TV  »
  • I like the voiceovers which begin these The Lazarus Man episodes
  • In observing Robert Urich as Lazarus, I believe part of what disturbs me is that he looks uncomfortable, out of breath even

• by Orrymain

I like the voiceovers which begin these The Lazarus Man episodes. They let us know Lazarus’ state of mind and what he’s thinking at the moment. It’s a bit more than a basic who and what monologue.

This episode is called The Palace of Dreams and it is an unusual change of pace for a western drama in that it takes place in

New Orleans during Mardi Gras. Carl Lumbly guest stars as a high rolling poker player who apparently has a strong connection with the woman of Lazarus’ dreams.

Natalia Nogulich reoccurs as Joie DeWinter, a very intriguing, mysterious character who I still don’t quite understand. She speaks in riddles a lot and also apparently knows the truth about at least some of the ...

• man’s past.

The game that Lazarus gets into with these two characters is pretty intense, and I admit that I was mesmerized and glued to the screen, so that must mean something positive for the series.

In observing Robert Urich as Lazarus, I believe part of what disturbs me is that he looks uncomfortable, out of breath even. I don’t know if that was

intentional, a way to communicate the fears, trepidation, and anxiety of his character, or not, but it makes me uneasy and disturbed. As I’ve often said, I really do like Urich and most of his shows, but this one rubs me the wrong way. It’s not the stories; it’s the character. He just seems so out of sorts and out of place.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10802984760728/k2311a028/2.8.10