Wallace and Gromit A Grand Day Out  » Movies  »
  • I noticed that Wallace & Gromit had become a popular claymation phenomenon but I have only just watched them for the first time with this short 'A Grand Day Out'
  • This is only 25 minutes long and I thought it was a good way to introduce myself to the characters
  • I love the facial expressions of Gromit and the funny things you notice in the background

• by jeanne71

I noticed that Wallace & Gromit had become a popular claymation phenomenon but I have only just watched them for the first time with this short ‘A Grand Day Out’. Nearly everyone else on the planet has watched this except me I guess.

I am

no particulara fan of claymation but as I sat down to watch this I was in the mood for some innocent entertainment.

This is only 25 minutes long and I thought it was a good way to introduce myself to the characters.

I was interested to find out why the Wallace & Gromit claymation movies have managed to bring the cheesemakers Wensleydale back from the brink of bankruptcy.

In this, the daft and charming story is that Wallace, sitting with his very human, but mute, dog Gromit have run out of cheese so ...

• Wallace and Gromit A Grand Day Out
      naturally they must build a rocket in the basement and go to the moon to get some.

It is made of cheese after all! They run into trouble with a robotic, cheesy moon patroller who takes offence to them nicking all the cheese.

I

love the facial expressions of Gromit and the funny things you notice in the background.

The claymation is brilliant and very expressive and detailed.

This is a charming little short that has encouraged me to check out the other Wallace & Gromit movies.

Great stuff.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11802984300628/k2311a028/2.8.10