Rogers Brock and Barker Veterinary Clinic  » Pets  »
0.5
227 Uttoxeter Road, Blythe Bridge, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST11 9JR
  • I had a rather upsetting experience with this veterinary clinic and I was really angry about it for years
  • This was a shock to me as he had seemed so well not so long before, but he had developed a tumour that had grown rapidly unfortunately
  • I think the staff should take lessons in empathy for distraught owners

• by jeanne71

I had a rather upsetting experience with this veterinary clinic and I was really angry about it for years. I feel as though the staff there did not emphasise with me enough for my liking. My dog had reached twelve years old which is about the usual life span for that kind of breed (German Shepherd). He had always been a lively dog and would jump around like a puppy right up until when he got ill a few weeks before he died. He collapsed one morning when I was at work and my dad told me that the Vet had said he had not got long to live

and would probably die that day. This was a shock to me as he had seemed so well not so long before, but he had developed a tumour that had grown rapidly unfortunately. So, I immediately left work (as I very soft about dogs, even though some people would not understand!) and I went to the veterinary clinic immediately as I wanted to say goodbye to him before he died.

When I got to reception, the receptionist told me that I was not allowed to see my dog as it was not the official visiting time. I had tears streaming down my face and I pleaded with her that I wanted ...

• to see him before he died but she sent me away. I was only on the pavement outside the veterinary clinics when my mobile phone rang once. The number was withheld so I could not call them back so I shrugged my shoulders. Ten minutes later the clinic phoned me to say he had died but they had tried to phone me but could not get through. I was furious that they had sent me away so my dog had to die with strangers on the floor of the clinic. I returned to the clinic to take his collar and stuff and it was awful seeing him lying
        there.

So they sent me away and he died within minutes, whilst I was still on the pavement outside.

I later had a call from someone who was in a management position at the clinic and the lady apologised to me. But this did not help me as it was too late. She then had the nerve to try to sell me an urn for my dog. No, I said, urns are not so important to me as seeing him when he was alive. I think the staff should take lessons in empathy for distraught owners.

This clinic can be found on the main Uttoxeter Road, near to Blythe Bridge rail station.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29802984290628/k2311a028/2.8.10