Meir Veterinary Clinic  » Pets  »
30a Sandon Road, Meir, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST3 7DL
  • As we did not have pet insurance, this, together with disposal of the body, cost £68
  • All in all, it was an upsetting experience but then dying dogs are always upsetting for me
  • I am pleased with the sensitive and efficient service of this veterinary clinic and based on my (sad) experiences, I would recommend them
  • Sorry if this review has depressed you but, those bundles of fluff we call pets do not unfortunately last forever

• by jeanne71

My dad and I had to deal with the very sad event of losing our lovely little dog recently. My dad rescued him from the street when he was a skinny stray with his ribs showing, and fed up up into one tubby and very happy Staffordshire Bull terrier.

He was an old dog and he had been going blind for years but we had to make the sad decision to have him put down when he

eventually became completely blind and could not walk around the living room without bumping into things.

We live within a mile of the Meir Veterinary Clinic so we phoned them and they invited us to make the trip down there within the hour.

They dealt with us with sensitivity and Jack had his injection whilst we gave him lots of hugs to send him on his way.

He fell asleep peacefully.

As we did not have pet ...

• insurance, this, together with disposal of the body, cost £68.

I do not know how that price compares to other veterinary clinics so maybe you could check that.

All in all, it was an upsetting experience but then dying dogs are always upsetting for me.

We had a previous experience - of the same sad nature - with another dog of ours over 20 years ago now.

In that instance, because our dog at the

time had lost the use of his legs and could not move, they came to visit us at home and gave him the injection there.

They wasted no time in coming to see us.

I am pleased with the sensitive and efficient service of this veterinary clinic and based on my (sad) experiences, I would recommend them.

Sorry if this review has depressed you but, those bundles of fluff we call pets do not unfortunately last forever.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29802984280628/k2311a028/2.8.10