Barber Foods Asparagus and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts  » Food  »
2.5
  • I like asparagus so I decided to give the Barber Foods asparagus and cheese stuffed chicken breasts
  • I've had stuffed chicken breasts before, but I noticed the cooking time was cut down from an hour to thirty minutes
  • It was okay, but I don't think I'll be buying this one again

• by C.Channing

I like stuffed chicken breasts: They make for good gourmet food with less the effort. I like asparagus so I decided to give the Barber Foods asparagus and cheese stuffed chicken breasts.

The asparagus and cheese stuffed chicken breasts comes two in a box. They are individually wrapped, so I didn’t have to worry about cooking them both at once. I’ve had stuffed chicken breasts before, but I noticed the cooking time was cut down from an hour to thirty minutes. The hour cooking time came from a different food brand. I was a little skeptical because thirty minutes

didn’t seem like the chicken would cook all the way through.

I placed one of the chicken breasts on a sheet of aluminum foil and placed it in the oven for thirty-five minutes at four hundred degrees. I added an extra five minutes so the chicken would be completely finished cooking. The cheese started rising from the top during the last five minutes, but I made sure not to take it out until the timer went off.

When I put the chicken breast on a plate, it smelled pretty good and the white cheddar cheese was oozing out from the ...

• top like lava in a volcano. The chicken was good and I liked the crispy outside. It was all white which meant it was done, and I was glad because I did not want to get sick from eating raw chicken. The white cheddar cheese was pretty good, and I’m not sure if I’ve ever had melted white cheddar cheese before. The only thing I was not happy with was the asparagus. The asparagus was hard and crunchy, and I’m only used to eating the soft and tender asparagus by Green Giant. Because the Asparagus was so hard
        and crunchy, it made it hard for me to appreciate the rest of the chicken breast. I ended up picking out all of the asparagus because I couldn’t stand to eat another piece.

Overall, the Barber Foods asparagus and cheese stuffed chicken breast was okay. The chicken breast and the cheese was good, but it was the asparagus I couldn’t stand. It seemed raw almost and I didn’t like it. The asparagus was hard and crunchy, and it made it difficult to enjoy the chicken breast. It was okay, but I don’t think I’ll be buying this one again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27802983700528/k2311a028/2.8.10