Mueller’s Elbow Macaroni
  • People say oil helps keep the macaroni from sticking to each other--which it does--but I prefer to go without it because the macaroni tastes better in my opinion
  • I like the Mueller's elbow macaroni because it triples in size when it cooks
  • It cost me a dollar and some change at super Wal-Mart

• by C.Channing

The Mueller’s brand has always been a must-have when it came to various pastas. I especially love their elbow macaroni because I’m always making macaroni and cheese for big Sunday dinners.

The Mueller’s elbow macaroni comes in two sizes: The regular box and the family size box. I usually buy both depending on the number of guests coming to dinner; however, for everyday use, I’ll go with the regular size box.

Cooking the elbow macaroni takes about ten to fifteen

minutes for me. I used to add oil to the macaroni to keep them from sticking to each other, but I soon realized that I didn’t know how to measure the amount of oil and I was basically pouring it in and guessing. Once the macaroni was finished cooking, it would be too oiled down to allow any seasonings or sauces to stick to it, so I stopped using oil altogether. People say oil helps keep the macaroni ...

• from sticking to each other–which it does–but I prefer to go without it because the macaroni tastes better in my opinion.

I like the Mueller’s elbow macaroni because it triples in size when it cooks. I’m still in the baby stages in my culinary knowledge, so I only use the macaroni for tuna salad and macaroni and cheese. The taste of the elbow macaroni is rich–not sweet. It reminds me of pasta made from scratch, which it probably is.

I also like how easy the Mueller’s elbow macaroni is easy to prepare, and how versatile it is with various recipes.

Overall, I like Mueller’s elbow macaroni because it’s very affordable: It cost me a dollar and some change at super Wal-Mart. It doesn’t take long to cook; it triples in size which makes a lot of food; and I can put the macaroni in just about any recipe. It’s a very good buy for price, quantity, and price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27802983660528/k2311a028/2.8.10