Pillsbury Garlic Butter Crescent
  • When it comes to lasagna and spaghetti, I think the best bread is anything with garlic flavor
  • I found myself going yuck to my own breath because the garlic is strong

• by C.Channing

When it comes to lasagna and spaghetti, I think the best bread is anything with garlic flavor. For me, it somehow enhances the flavor of the tomato sauce. I’ve tried all types of garlic bread and rolls, but I wanted to give the Pillsbury garlic butter crescent a chance because I never had it before.

The Pillsbury garlic butter crescents were packaged the exact same way

as the original crescents; all the way down to the eight ounces. It had the same dotted line on the dough so I could know where to start unraveling. The garlic aroma was very strong, so I knew it would carry over to the finished crescents. There were a total of eight crescents.

On my large pan, I placed the crescents in the oven for fifteen ...

• minutes at three hundred and seventy-five degrees. Even inside the oven, the garlic smell is potent. When they were done, I took them out of the oven and placed two crescents near my plate of spaghetti. They still had the same flakiness as the originals, and still had that softness to them. The flavor of the garlic just consumes the palate. I found myself going
        yuck to my own breath because the garlic is strong; however, it did bring out the tomato sauce in the spaghetti.

Overall, the Pillsbury garlic butter crescents were good and very garlicky. They were soft and flaky like the original crescents, and they had an overwhelming garlic flavor in my mouth. Although everything about the crescents were good, I wished the garlic wasn’t as powerful as it is.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27802983650528/k2311a028/2.8.10