Pillsbury Grands Butter Flaky Biscuits
  • They turned out to be the opposite of most of the biscuits I've eaten, and the best part was that I actually ate them instead of throwing them out
  • Unfortunately, lightening never strikes the same place twice, and I had trouble exposing the biscuits
  • Again, I had to use my extra large baking pan because I think there were eight or ten biscuits--I'm not really sure
  • The biscuits were so large that I thought I purchased the extra large biscuits or something
  • Overall, I like the Pillsbury Grands butter flaky biscuits

• by C.Channing

I’m not really a biscuit fan until my mom made me try the Pillsbury Grands butter flaky biscuits. They turned out to be the opposite of most of the biscuits I’ve eaten, and the best part was that I actually ate them instead of throwing them out.

Somehow I ended up buying the biggest can I could find because the can said sixteen point three ounces. Unfortunately, lightening never strikes the same place twice, and I had trouble exposing the

biscuits. Only me. Again, I had to use my extra large baking pan because I think there were eight or ten biscuits–I’m not really sure. The biscuits were pretty big in their uncooked form.

I placed the biscuits in the oven for fifteen minutes at three hundred and seventy-five degrees. When they were done, I took them out and examined them to make sure they were the color I wanted them to be. They were perfect. The biscuits were so ...

• large that I thought I purchased the extra large biscuits or something.

The biscuits tasted better than any biscuit I’ve eaten. They were light and I could see each individual layer. Sometimes with biscuits I’ve had in the past, I’ll remove the top and eat the rest; however, I found myself eating the entire thing. My honey butter doesn’t go far, and it melted all over the biscuit and some layers absorbed some of the honey which was like

being in food heaven. I didn’t really taste to much of the butter flavor, but from the color of the biscuits it was obvious that it was part of the biscuit.

Overall, I like the Pillsbury Grands butter flaky biscuits. They are huge which just means more flaky biscuits; the layers are beautifully visible; and they are just so good when you eat them. I have not tried them in a recipe yet, but I’m sure they’ll be good no matter what.

richard speers says :

re : Overall, I like the Pillsbury Grands butter flaky biscuits
    that look ok.thay smell ok.but thay taste bad

Rebecca Lee says :

If you spread just a dab of country crock butter on them while they are hot it will improve the taste alot. The butter they come with tastes really fake to me and this fixes it.

cindy melera says :

I have tried these on several occassions and I have to say they are absolutely delightful. They always come out tasting home made and the biscuits always taste to light and fluffy.

Odessa Williams says :

re : Overall, I like the Pillsbury Grands butter flaky biscuits
    I buy the Pillsbury Grands butter flaky biscuits a lot. I never really have the time to make biscuits from scratch. They don’t taste at all like homemade biscuits but they do the trick.

Jennifer Davis says :

Hi Odessa, just read your comment and wanted to let you know that if you sprinkle a little flour or baking powder on the biscuits prior to baking and let them sit for just a few minutes before putting them in the oven the taste of the flour and baking powders add that home baked flavor that your looking for.

Lynn Moll says :

These are great We make these pretty often and they always come out tasting great

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27802983640528/k2311a028/2.8.10