Pillsbury Original Crescent
  • The taste of them are so delicious, and they are light and fluffy
  • The inside of the crescent was amazing, and it made me feel as if I was eating breakfast in Paris

• by C.Channing

Let’s face it, when it comes to breakfast pastries the crescent has it in the bag. There is just something about how flimsy it is and the flakiness you get when you break it in half. Pillsbury is the only brand I’ll buy when it comes to crescents and biscuits and I had to try their crescents.

The crescents that I purchased were the Pillsbury original crescent; they came in a long, cylinder tube that weighed eight ounces. I don’t know what it is about me, but every time I go to open a Pillsbury can, it never wants to open. Even with the black line exposed, I still have to fight my

way in. However, I was able to open the can with one try.

At first I was confused because I didn’t know how I was suppose to unravel the dough, but Pillsbury thought about people such as myself and there was a dotted line on the pastry for me to pull back. When I pulled the pastry back, eight triangles revealed themselves. I had to follow the directions with the rolling part because I had never rolled up a pastry before. I had to be careful with pulling them apart because I didn’t want the dough to stretch too much.

I had to pull out my extra large baking pan in order to ...

• fit all eight crescents on there, and I had to take into consideration how big that would get once they began to rise. I bake the crescents for about twelve to fifteen minutes at three hundred and seventy-five degrees. I had to keep a watchful eye on the crescents because I didn’t want them to brown too much or at all.

When I took them out of the oven, they had the appearance of a moon walk (the big thing that is blown up so kids can bounce around on). I couldn’t dive into one without smothering it in honey butter. The taste of them are so delicious, and they are light and

fluffy. You can literally see the pastry flaking in front of your eyes. The inside of the crescent was amazing, and it made me feel as if I was eating breakfast in Paris. I had about three and the first one I ate. So delicious.

Overall, the Pillsbury original crescents were excellent. The were soft and flaky and great with honey butter. They were easy to pull apart and you could just smell the pastry mixed in with the steam that rose from it. They didn’t take long to cook at all, and the rose to a decent size. A wonderful treat for breakfast, and the crescent is versatile for recipes and appetizers.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27802983630528/k2311a028/2.8.10