Bird’s Eye Voila: Garlic Chicken
  • The thing I like about the garlic chicken bag meal is that it didn't come with any sauce I would have include in the pot
  • I noticed while cooking the garlic chicken that the sauce was pretty thin which is always a good thing when garlic is involved
  • As far as taste goes, I thought it was actually good

• by C.Channing

The Bird’s Eye Voila garlic chicken is another bag meal by Bird’s Eye that I had the opportunity to try recently. They were on sale and the garlic chicken was one of the Bird’s Eye Voila meals that I have not tried yet, so I purchased one bag.

The thing I like about the garlic chicken bag meal is that it didn’t come with any

sauce I would have include in the pot. Maybe it’s just laziness, but I can stand dealing with the sauce packets. All I had to do was add water, and cook it on high for ten to fifteen minutes. I noticed while cooking the garlic chicken that the sauce was pretty thin which is always a good thing when garlic is involved.

As far as ...

• taste goes, I thought it was actually good. The vegetables were good, and the tasted as if they had been steamed. I could have done without the large broccolis, but they were okay. The chicken and noodles tasted as if they absorbed the most of the garlic flavor. Although there was garlic in the food, I didn’t really taste it because the garlic flavor
        was so subtle.

Overall, I thought the Bird’s Eye Voila garlic chicken was good. It didn’t take to cook as usual; the vegetables tasted as if they had been steamed; and the chicken and noodles were good because they absorbed most of the garlic flavor. I liked the garlic chicken bag meal, but because of the enormous broccoli I probably won’t buy it again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27802983590528/k2311a028/2.8.10