Clearasil Pimple Blocker Pen  » General  »
  • I found the clearasil pimple blocker pen for $10
  • And though I liked the convenience and size of the pen, I learned that it wasn't quite as hygenic as I'd have liked that you had to use the same applicator tip all the time
  • You twist the bottom of the pen until enough product appears on the tip and then you apply it to a pimple coming in, an existing pimple, or known problem areas
  • Convenient in size, but not as convenient in use
  • All in all, it does what it claims it would do, so I'm happy with the purchase

• by Anasuya

I actually never used to be much a fan of clearasil when I was younger. I remember using some clearasil cream that belonged to my sister, when I was a kid, and I applied it wrong, and ended up breaking out in hives and having unbearable itchy skin all day at school to such an extreme point that I actually had to call my mother and have her pick me up. I spent the rest of the day at home with a cool wash cloth over my face to keep from rubbing my eyes and scratching my itchy face. It was horrible, and I’ve since stayed away from clearasil products until just recently. I’ve had many years to learn how to properly care for my skin and maintain a healthy a look as possible. But, I

still get the occassional blemish or breakout and, even though I’m somewhat older and not-so-much wiser, I’m still a sucker for products that claim to be easy to use and are a quick fix. I’d only wished they had many of these products when I was a kid and suffering from some pretty severe, at times, cases of acne that forced me to hide behind a wall of hair whenever possible.

I found the clearasil pimple blocker pen for $10. Seemed a bit pricey for a clearasil product which is usually pretty affordable, but I loved the convenience of this product and how neatly it would fit in my purse and/or my medicine cabinet without taking up a bunch of space like the cleansing wipes or pads do, or the big bottles of cream do. I could tuck it away and almost forget it was there! You are supposed to apply it as soon as you feel a pimple coming on. This is great for those bigger ones that are deep under the skin and are typically pretty painful when they start to come in, but it’s also pretty pointless for those small little whiteheads or pimples that pop up over night and you never knew it was coming on. This is all preventative, and I didn’t find that it would treat existing pimples as well as those that hadn’t quite made it to the surface yet.

And though I liked the convenience and size of the pen, I learned that it wasn’t quite as hygenic as I’d have liked that you had to use the same applicator tip all the time.

• Clearasil Pimple Blocker Pen
      You twist the bottom of the pen until enough product appears on the tip and then you apply it to a pimple coming in, an existing pimple, or known problem areas. It seems to me the tip would get contaminated with the bacteria on your skin, even if you are supposed to apply it only after you’ve cleansed. So it’s a double-edged sword. Convenient in size, but not as convenient in use. I ended up twisting the bottom and then taking another clean throw-away sponge to apply the solution to my skin, and this kept the tip nice and clean from impurities that your skin naturally carries, and I also think this helped the product work much better than it otherwise would have.

I did notice, when I had a deep down large and painful pimple

starting to form, that it never actually DID get to the surface of the skin when I used this product on it for a couple days. It stayed way down in the skin and then eventually went away without ever being noticeable to anyone but me. I’d say that makes it worth the price, but that’s just me. It wasn’t as good, as I suspected, at treating existing acne, or those tiny blemishes that would pop up over night, but my problem areas tend to be the hollow of my cheeks and my chin, so I’d just apply it once a day to those areas only, and I did find that I experienced blemishes in those areas less than I normally would have. All in all, it does what it claims it would do, so I’m happy with the purchase.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1802983210428/k2311a028/2.8.10