SAMS Learn Adobe Photoshop CS3 In 24 Hours  » Books  »
  • I recommend this book to beginners who want to have a quick start with Photoshop
  • Since it has a library of features, and I know that some of them will be useless to you, you should learn about them and what their purposes are

• by brianhacks

Photoshop CS3 is a complex program to some people, and thankfully, there are countless books which cater to every skill level. This book is right for beginners who are starting to learn their way around Photoshop CS3.

The title sounds like you can really learn in 24 hours. When I read and followed the exercises

along the way, I realized that the lessons can be done in one hour or less. Well, it depends on how every person can easily understand the lesson, but for me, I mostly followed and understood each chapter for around 60 minutes. This was not that surprising or impressive for me since the lessons are ...

• really for beginners, and they only serve to present the reader the basic overview of each of the tools, which are introduced in the book according to their type/functionality. For example, there are chapters for the slicing tools, the painting tools, the masking tools, and so on.

I recommend this book to beginners who want

to have a quick start with Photoshop. Since it has a library of features, and I know that some of them will be useless to you, you should learn about them and what their purposes are. If you think you have graduated from that beginner level, then read more books which teach you more things at intermediate level.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17802982990428/k2311a028/2.8.10