La Madeleine French Bakery & Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
9828 Great Hills Trail Austin, Texas
  • At La Madeleine,you have a choice of going through the line and choosing from a wide variety of salads, soups, quiches, and many other delicious items, or ordering off the menu
  • I've tried about everything on the menu, and have thoroughly enjoyed everything I've ordered
  • If you're looking for a quaint, romantic restaurant and you like classical music, I would highly recommend this restaurant

• by Texaslady

I first visited La Madeleine French Bakery and Restaurant about 11 years ago with my husband, who at the time, was my fiance’. Immediately when I walked into this restaurant, I felt like I was home. This location has the most wonderful environment I have ever experienced in a restaurant.

It is very quaint, yet tastefully decorated, having a fireplace in the center of the dining area. The environment alone was enough

to keep me coming back, but then I tasted the food, and it quickly became my favorite restaurant.

At La Madeleine,you have a choice of going through the line and choosing from a wide variety of salads, soups, quiches, and many other delicious items, or ordering off the menu. Regardless of which you choose, you can be assured to receive an absolutely delicious meal.

I’ve tried about everything on the menu, and have ...

• thoroughly enjoyed everything I’ve ordered. When going for lunch, I usually enjoy a chicken caesar and a bowl of their famous potato soup.

Evenings, I try to sway from that, and order from the menu. La Madeleine has an absolutely delectable choice of fresh baked muffins and desserts.

My favorite is the Strawberry Napolean, but you need to get there rather early in the day for this, because it sells

out quickly. My second choice would probably be the fruit tart.

The prices are average, and you can expect to spend approximately $25-$30 on a meal for two people if you both order dessert. If you’re looking for a quaint, romantic restaurant and you like classical music, I would highly recommend this restaurant.

It has quickly become a favorite of mine and I will be a loyal customer for many years to come.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7802982980428/k2311a028/2.8.10