Palm Pre Sprint Cell Phone  » Phones  »
  • I noticed that while her phone is on the charger, she can still use it and respond to any messages she gets
  • My daughter only found two disadvantages to the phone
  • The other disadvantage to the phone is that the battery life is short

• by Fresian2009

I recently purchased the Palm Pre for my oldest teenage daughter for Christmas. It is available from Sprint for $149.99 with 2 year contract. I had to do the contract in my name but the service is actually for her. With the contract, it is a fairly decent deal for all that you get with this phone.

The Palm Pre has many cool features, such as a bright touch-screen and full keyboard. The phone runs on the Palm Web Os platform. With the Palm Web OS platform, I can run several apps

at once. My daughter can view websites and watch videos in widescreen. Multi tasking is easy with the Palm Pre. I just have to make certain she doesn’t do that at school though.

Another cool feature of the phone is that she can save all her conversations under one contact name. So say for example, my daughter chats a lot on the phone with her best friend Sarah. With the Palm Pre cell phone, she can keep all of her conversations with Sarah under her contact name. This keeps my ...

• daughter from having to continually scroll back and forth between messages to remember what was talked about. She’s always telling me how awesome this particular feature is for her.

I noticed that while her phone is on the charger, she can still use it and respond to any messages she gets. When I asked her about it, she said the Palm Pre means she doesn’t have to tell her friends to quit chatting while it recharges. Now, they can talk virtually nonstop.

My daughter only found two disadvantages to the phone. The first is that

while there is a full keyboard on the phone, the letters and numbers are close together so it is somewhat difficult to send text messages.

The other disadvantage to the phone is that the battery life is short. If she has several apps open at once, she did find that the Palm Pre battery life seems to be shorter and it has to recharge more frequently.

Since I signed the 2 year contract with Sprint, I’m really glad that overall my daughter likes the Palm Pre. She certainly uses it a great deal.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 37802982740728/k2311a028/2.8.10