VERSUS Time for Pleasure (Versace, 2003, Eau de Toilette)  » Perfume  »
2.5
  • There is a very interesting Moroccan-rose-like opening note, coming on the heels of the top fruity note and it lingers around for a long time
  • I found out it is not actually rose at all, but wild strawberry
  • Pleasant and sweet, not cloying, perhaps a bit loud in a giggly way, and definitely superficial
  • I think it corresponds quite well to the aroma itself, except it's maybe a bit too glamorous looking for this amusing and happy, but hardly deep fragrance

• by Pretty Polly

The Gianni Versace perfume division has a collection of perfumes called Versus “Time for …”, namely four fragrance lines: Time for Action, Time for Pleasure, Time for Energy and Time to Relax.

I haven’t had the “time” to try out all of them (so many fragrances, so little time!), but I did have the opportunity to wear “Time for Pleasure”, which, according to the fragrance marketing copywriters, “prepares you for enjoyment and satisfaction”.

First impression: very lilting, uplifting, merry in a

fruity-floral way. The opening fruity note is rather well conceived, quite distinctive.

There is a very interesting Moroccan-rose-like opening note, coming on the heels of the top fruity note and it lingers around for a long time. I found out it is not actually rose at all, but wild strawberry.

As I investigated the composition, it turned out that the other top notes are apricot (this would be the initial fruity note, blending with the wild strawberry into an almost “rosey” ...

• aroma), followed by blueberry (can’t smell it), nectarine and peach. The base notes are musk and vanilla. (I can smell a hint of vanilla, but the musk is very diluted, I don’t sense it at all.)

The drydown is - unsurprisingly - almost identical to te opening impression: fruit, fruit, and some more fruit. Pleasant and sweet, not cloying, perhaps a bit “loud” in a giggly way, and definitely superficial.

I find it very girly, not “womanly” at all.

I could

imagine myself using it to pep myself up when doing house chores on a dull day (although I would much prefer “Charlie” any day!) - but never to a date.

I want to smell like a woman, not like a fruit lollipop.

The fragrance comes in a very striking, vivid pink-violet tinted bottle, with golden lettering. I think it corresponds quite well to the aroma itself, except it’s maybe a bit too “glamorous” looking for this amusing and happy, but hardly “deep” fragrance.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 56802982640728/k2311a028/2.8.10