NASCAR - Bud Shootout Practice #2 2010
  • This may only be a practice, but in my view, the night races are the most fun to watch, so seeing them able to practice under the stars is great as well
  • Watching my favorite, Jeff Gordon, whose wife is pregnant again, drive is always the highlight for me, but I still get nervous when I see his teammate Dale Earnhard Jr

• by Orrymain

The boys had barely gotten back on the track to begin the second hour-long practice for the Bud Shootout when action exploded. Juan Pablo Montoya’s 42-car hooked the rear of Kurt Busch’s 2-car, causing Busch to contact the wall and slide across the track. Montoya again! That guy causes a great deal of havoc on the track. I’m not a huge fan at all. I do somewhat like the elder Busch brother now, so I feel for him. Seems like he and Montoya have had battles before. This is important because NASCAR has eased the rules about

bump drafting. Actually, this year, the drivers are free to take out vengeance their own way — on the track. It could be a very hot and temperamental year.

After the crash of Mark Martin and Denny Hamlin in the first practice, this incident shows there’s a lot of aggressive driving going on. There’s more horsepower on the track, too, because of changes in the size of the restrictor plates. It’s gonna be wild.

It was a case of the car shuffle for Jeff Burton. He went out and practiced his own 31-car for about half the practice and then got into ...

• Kevin Harvick’s 29-car. Harvick is sick and not even in Daytona. I love the teamwork there.

I also love the night racing. This may only be a practice, but in my view, the night races are the most fun to watch, so seeing them able to practice under the stars is great as well. The bumps on the track, though, are really moving these cars around. Commentator Darrell Waltrip opined that it might be the rear shock packages on the cars that are making them difficult to handle.

the highlight for me, but I still get nervous when I see his teammate Dale Earnhard Jr. on his bumper. I just don’t think Jr. is that good of a driver. He’s certainly hoping for a better year than 2009. While their teammate Jimmie Johnson ran just a handful of laps before retiring for the night, Gordon stayed out. He did just minor changes through the practice, mostly because other cars had pitted.

After that early excitement with the Busch wreck, things were pretty calm, though. That said, I’m sure it’s the calm before the storm because racing is on again for 2010.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 35502982220628/k2311a025/2.5.10