Tesco Crumpets
  • Because I like to root around on the 'reduced price' shelves at Tesco, I managed to get a packet today for only 40 pence so I am even happier
  • I am not a snob when it comes to buying branded goods although I do not like to compromise on quality, but I think these crumpets are perfectly nice and as nice as the more expensive brands
  • I just pop two in the toaster and then smear them with plenty of good butter so it melts into the holes and they are delicious

• by jeanne71

These crumpets from Tesco’s own range are very good value indeed at only 79 pence for a packet of twelve. Because I like to root around on the ‘reduced price’ shelves at Tesco, I managed to get a packet today for only 40 pence so I am even happier.

I am not a snob

when it comes to buying branded goods although I do not like to compromise on quality, but I think these crumpets are perfectly nice and as nice as the more expensive brands.

I just pop two in the toaster and then smear them with plenty of good butter so it melts into the holes and ...

• they are delicious.

You can also put these under the grill for a couple of minutes if you prefer, but my grill is knackered so I used the toaster and found them to be a perfect fit without having to wedge them in.

Each crumpet contains 75 calories which, together with the butter, makes

quite a filling yet low calorie snack.

I like to have these for a quick and easy breakfast sometimes, or as a late snack when I am surfing on the internet.

Do not be afraid of buying these because of the low price as they are great and taste as good as any branded crumpets.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27502981720628/k2311a025/2.5.10