Bremshey Punching Bag (U.N.O. Sports)  » Other  »
  • I find that we made the right choice as this boxing sack can be put in our luggage without a problem as it has no filling
  • I found that really wonderful as water should be available locally
  • I would probably have the whole ceiling crash down on us if I decided to hang it indoors
  • The best feature of this product is that it uses water as its filling
  • For the price I paid (around € 100+) in 2003, I consider this to be a durable and solid boxing sack which can make you practice aiming and exercise

• by bethbarl

I have this punching bag not because I want to become a boxer but to diversify the sports activities we can do in the house. Choosing the type of punching bag we wanted was a difficult one. When we were in West Africa, I needed one which was unfilled and can be transported easily. I could not possibly put something in the luggage which was laden with sand or other kind of stuffing, I would already exceed the maximum weight allowed per passenger.

While out shopping for this sack at Citabel Sports and after talking lengthily to the sales lady, she said that the Bremshey punching bag was what we were looking for. She was right. I find that we made the right choice as this boxing sack can be put in our luggage without a problem as it has no filling. Unlike other punching bags which use sand, fabric, foam

as a stuffing, this one uses water. I found that really wonderful as water should be available locally. I did not have to worry where to search for the fillings.

Its material is also made of vinyl leather which is easy to clean. I did not have to do much in terms of cleaning as this punching bag can just be wiped anytime with a wet cloth. I also find this material better than real leather as apart from the fact that it is cheaper, it also does not get molds or mildews when the environment gets humid.

Putting in the water in the punching bag was the easiest part. It even has a screw cap which would prevent water from leaking or spilling and a wide mouth which makes pouring water (with a hose) really quick. Our problem was where to hang it. The former house we were living ...

• in had flimsy ceilings (in fact it already collapsed in our bedroom because of the high humidity) and I was pretty sure that it would not support the weight of the punching bag and thrashing which will be done. I would probably have the whole ceiling crash down on us if I decided to hang it indoors. The short end of it was, it was hardly used there.

However, when I moved in this house, the construction is much better and there are lots of trees around the house. My husband and I just decided to hang it on a wide branch of a tree. As the punching bag comes with its own chains for hanging, all we had to do was secure it with sturdy ropes.

The best feature of this product is that it uses water as its filling. Punching and kicking therefore are easy, painless and comfortable movements to do.

Everyone in the family uses this punching bag including my kids who are very sportive. I sometimes use boxing gloves but they fall off my hands (they are my husband’s). It really does not matter as the bag is soft. The whole family has tons of fun kicking and hitting the bag just as a way to exercise and get some movement. I think it is a better and realistic form of boxing rather than hitting imaginary targets on the Wii.

Altogether, this brand and this type of punching bag are highly recommended. It’s easy to transport, set-up and use. For the price I paid (around € 100+) in 2003, I consider this to be a durable and solid boxing sack which can make you practice aiming and exercise. At best, it can also be a useful and productive outlet to vent out all that anger, stress and frustrations one can sometimes get.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 12502981600528/k2311a025/2.5.10