Philippine Dried Mango  » Food  »
  • I found it on a trip to super Wal-Mart which turned out to be an impulsive buy
  • I don't like dried fruit, but I like mango
  • It was sweet and had that amazing flavor only produced by mangoes
  • It had flavor--sweet, and not as dehydrated as I thought it would be

• by C.Channing

I was never really big on dried food–and still not to be honest–until I had the opportunity to try the Philippine dried mango. I found it on a trip to super Wal-Mart which turned out to be an impulsive buy. I don’t like dried fruit, but I like mango.

The thing that drew me to the Philippine dried mango is that even though the package said dried fruit, it was

bone dry as I’ve seen of most dried fruits. It was appealing and looked like it had some flavor. Another good thing about the package is that it was one of those zipper-seal bags. I liked that aspect because I didn’t have to worry about it drying out any further or ants getting into the bag.

There were a variety of mango pieces: Big and small and thin and thick.

• Some of the pieces were more dried then other, but there were some that were extremely succulent. It was sweet and had that amazing flavor only produced by mangoes. It had a shimmer to it which made me think it could have been sugar. Even though the dried mango is good, it ended up sweating (somehow) because I left it in my car one day. The color had darkened
        and it looked like I soaked the mango in water. It was still good, though.

Overall, the Philippine dried mango was good: It had flavor–sweet, and not as dehydrated as I thought it would be. I like how tender some of the mango was tender, and how all of it was succulent. I’m glad I did buy this product on impulse, otherwise I would have missed out on how great it is.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27502981530528/k2311a025/2.5.10