Lil Wayne’s album “Rebirth”  » Music  »
2.0
  • Lil Wayne’s Rebirth album has caused an amazing amount of controversy in the world of rap and metal
  • Without judging the sudden genre change, I do not recommend buying the album
  • For those who are into rap metal, it may be an interesting album to be acquainted with

• by courtney sanders

Lil Wayne’s Rebirth album has caused an amazing amount of controversy in the world of rap and metal. Without judging the sudden genre change, I do not recommend buying the album. Only few select songs are worth listening to.

I have to say that the only song I would listen to would be “Drop the World. ” This song is amazing.

I am

glad I bought the album only because I found such an amazing song. There is so much power and pain and the collaboration with rock music worked well.

However, other songs like “Prom Queen” and “Hot Revolver” just seemed to be insulting. The first verse of “Hot Revolver” was a sad imitation of Green Day and the entire song just did not ...

• seem to match.

The band sounded like it was not even a part of Lil Wayne’s vocals. His vocals are another problem.

It sounded electronically done, and even with the electronics, the vocals annoyed me on most of the songs. I could not figure out if he was trying to rap or sing.

Having said this, the album was enjoyable if one

were not to completely criticize it. The beat was enjoyable and Lil Wayne did a fine job of making catchy songs that anyone can sing and dance to.

I would not say the album is horrible. I am just saying the album could have been better.

For those who are into rap metal, it may be an interesting album to be acquainted with.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 14502981360528/k2311a025/2.5.10