Auckland Sky City Hotel  » Hotels  »
Victoria Street, Sky City, Auckland, New Zealand
  • They are very boring, slightly ugly colours
  • The hotel cost about $250 per night so I cannot recommend it
  • Simply put you can get much nicer hotels at cheaper prices in Auckland so avoid this one

• by Urban Beaute

My first stay at the Sky City hotel was a good one. Well in general it was.

We got through the check in process very quickly and went to our room.

Now the rooms are very comfortable they just lack style. They are very boring, slightly ugly colours.

We had a nice big bath tub

and a nice big king sized bed. Or super king sized, it was huge. Upon arrival they gave us a bottle of champagne and the staff were very helpful.

We went up to the heated pool and had a swim as well as checking out the gym and sauna which was nice.

• The pool area was great and would be lovely in the summertime.

The one hiccup I had at Sky City was the fact that our hotel key stopped working and we were locked out of our room. Luckily a staff member was walking through the hallway and let us back in. It turned

out to be a glitch in their system but I was unimpressed.

The hotel cost about $250 per night so I cannot recommend it. Yes the location is good but the quality is lacking at the prices they charge. Simply put you can get much nicer hotels at cheaper prices in Auckland so avoid this one.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2502981041228/k2311a025/2.5.10