Auckland The Duxton Hotel  » Hotels  »
Grey Street, Auckland Central, Auckland, New Zealand
  • I got to experience the room service and although I ordered a simple meal of fish and chips - at restaurant prices might I add I still enjoyed it
  • As for the staff I wasn't too impressed with their level of customer service however seeing as I didn't see them aside from check in and check out it was not a major catastrophe
  • I very much enjoyed my stay at the Duxton and would go back because the room was so nice and the bath was great
  • It's a good hotel but far from the best I have stayed at for similar prices

• by Urban Beaute

When I arrived at the Duxton I wasn’t sure what to expect as the hotel is right in teh middle of teh city. To be honest I was expecting it to be cramped and loud. I was pleasantly surprised.

The room at the Duxton was lovely and spacious. Even

though we were in the middle of the city we saw lots of trees out of the window. A nice feature of the hotel are spa baths for two.

I got to experience the room service and although I ordered a simple meal of fish and chips - at restaurant prices ...

• might I add I still enjoyed it.

As for the staff I wasn’t too impressed with their level of customer service however seeing as I didn’t see them aside from check in and check out it was not a major catastrophe.

I very much enjoyed my stay at the Duxton and would go

back because the room was so nice and the bath was great. Why I wouldn’t go back is that it is in the middle of the city and it is still far away from everything. It’s a good hotel but far from the best I have stayed at for similar prices.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2502981031228/k2311a025/2.5.10