Fireball XL5: The Day the Earth Froze  » TV  »
  • I would be remiss if I failed to mention Colonel Steve Zodiac's robe, which we see in this show and I believe one other
  • Let's just say that while it's not flowers, it's very interesting and even funny
  • When things are at their darkest in this dramatic entry, I very much enjoyed the scene between Lieutenant Ninety and Commander Zero

• by Orrymain

I do have a few comments and reactions about Fireball XL5: The Day the Earth Froze, which is one of 39 total black and white programs coming from the mind of puppet pioneer Gerry Anderson. One of which is that this show really has a thing for ice planets and

the cold. They often have plots that involve going to these kind of worlds. It makes you wonder if the stories were written during the summer, so to keep cool, they wrote about cold places.

I would be remiss if I failed to mention Colonel Steve Zodiac’s robe, which we ...

• see in this show and I believe one other. Let’s just say that while it’s not flowers, it’s very interesting and even funny. I certainly wasn’t expecting anything this lighthearted, but, hey, Steve’s still the world’s greatest astronaut.

When things are at their darkest in this dramatic entry, I very

much enjoyed the scene between Lieutenant Ninety and Commander Zero. They both think they are going to die, and it’s just a nice moment.

Fireball XL5: The Day the Earth Froze is typical sci fi episode with some good, old fashioned angst thrown in as well as an appropriate dab of humor.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10402980511128/k2311a024/2.4.10