Singapore, The Song of India restaurant  » Restaurants  »
33 Scotts Road, Singapore, 228226
  • It is a fine dinning experience with gourmet dishes
  • I love the ambiance with a romantic shade in their lights
  • I like how quiet it is inside and all those modern decor
  • I did not have problem with customer service in this place
  • I think this is one of the signature styles of an Indian restaurant

• by leah michelle

I am curious about Indian cuisine and my friend told me about this restaurant in Singapore which offers Indian dishes. The name is ” The Song of India”. It is a fine dinning experience with gourmet dishes. I really thought the place will be too fancy like what I saw in Delhi but this one is a very exquisite place. I love the ambiance with a romantic shade in their lights. The ceiling were laced with beautiful designs and chandeliers hang like

gold pieces. The furniture were modern in colored brown. Shiny and the tables were arranged in orderly fashion. The restaurant is situated inside a one-storey building. The facade outside looks like an Indian home. I like how quiet it is inside and all those modern decor. I was so excited what was in their menu when I saw the place.

I was delighted when the staff greeted me pleasantly. I did not have problem with customer service in this place. They were ...

• all educated delightful and professional. I was ushered in a place which I preferred. I like to sit in the rear end to avoid the crowd. Whenever I call in one of the waiters to submit my request, they will gladly come to my table and acknowledge it. Food was served fast too.

For specialties, I can recommend “Lobster Moiley” which was recommended to me by one of the waiters. The presentation was great and the taste was palatable. I couldn’t

ask for more but definitely gastronomic satisfaction beset me afterwards. All in all, the dishes have spicy flavors. I think this is one of the signature styles of an Indian restaurant. Expect spicy and hot flavors in most of the dishes in the menu. Indian dishes have close similarities with Thai cuisine.

I was fully satisfied with the place, the quality of the food, customer service, the price and the ambiance of the restaurant. This is one of my favorite restaurants now in Singapore.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7402980231028/k2311a024/2.4.10