Retro Rocket
  • I like that my child is able to move well on this

• by Savvy

This is a scooter from Radio Flyer for 1 to 3 year olds. I got this as a gift as well. It has a storage compartment under the seat.

The nose twists and there are buttons that make sounds as though they are riding on a plane.

I like that my child is able to move well on this.

It helps build leg muscles. It rides smoothly on bare floors.

As is the case with pretty much all Radio Flyer products, this one is red with a white nose. There are easy to grip handle bars that remain stationary.

So the bad thing is that it doesn’t steer. I see my son turning it by manually pushing his feet and skidding the wheels on the floor.

I’m afraid my floor will get marks on it. But none so far.

He’s had ...

• for a year now. It is a little dangerous on raised surfaces as there are no brakes on the thing.

I find it cute that my son puts his little toys under the seat and transfers them to the play box by riding over to it. There are lights and sounds that stimulate hand eye coordination.

So it is a learning tool as well as a play tool. I like the

scooter since it encourage physical activity and also that I have bare floor for him to ride it on.

But if there’s too much carpeting, it doesn’t ride that well on it. Supervision is still required to make sure there aren’t any trips and falls but that hasn’t happened at all while my son plays with it.

It is a good attention diverter when I need to get some things done around the house.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 54402980181028/k2311a024/2.4.10