Boost Mobile Prepaid Cellular Service
  • After several years of basically giving my money away to Sprint, I decided to look into the prepaid option
  • I found it in the form of a Motorola i335
  • I bought the phone for about $50 which included the SIM card and $5 credit

• by brianb0806

I am not what you call a cell-phone power user. I make a few calls to friends and family. I receive some calls for work, but basically there are no plans that fit my usage pattern. After several years of basically giving my money away to Sprint, I decided to look into the prepaid option.

At the time I was living on the southern California border with Mexico. everyone I talked to recommended Boost Mobile, now owned by Sprint. I decided to give it a try. My current contract with sprint had expired so I promptly cancelled my $70 a month plan and headed to Best Buy. y cell phone needs basically amount to phone and text message capabilities. I don’t surf the net on it or

download the latest cute little app, so I spent half an hour or so looking for a phone that met my needs. I found it in the form of a Motorola i335. This had the basic functions I was looking for and then some (see my separate review on this phone.) I bought the phone for about $50 which included the SIM card and $5 credit.

I activated the phone online. I supplied my real information, but for those who are looking for more anonymity, Boost didn’t require any verification of the validity of my personal data. Withing 5 minutes, my phone was active and I was on the way. I was able to choose a local number from anywhere in the United States. I could have ported my ...

• old number from Sprint but decided to start fresh.

Now I had to choose a plan. At first I chose the pay as you go plan. If I didn’t use it, I paid nothing. This was generally great for me. Later I found myself using the phone more and more so I switched to the $1 per day plan. This plan gave me unlimited calling and text for $30 per month. Not a bad idea. International texts were free to receive and $.10 to send. Boost also offered a cheap add on plan to allow me to send and receive international texts, as well as discount calling plans to several locations.

As I travel a great deal in Mexico, Boost also offers free roaming in Baja California, Mexico.

Absolutely great for those in SoCal who cross th border frequently.

Recently I moved away from California and to my dismay discovered that the Boost network was not available in my rural area. I began to search other prepaid plans and was shocked at how much more expensive they were than Boost. I quickly dismissed these plans. fortunately I will be bask in Cali soon and can once again use my beloved Boost.

Just recently, Boost has announced a major upgrade to their service, allowing users to utilize the sprint network. A great service will get even better. I don’ see how other companies will compete against this. Bottom line, if you are in the Boost service area and are looking for a simple, cheap service, boost can’t be beat.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22402979890628/k2311a024/2.4.10