Marie Callender’s Shrimp Scampi
  • The thing I like about the Marie Callender's shrimp scampi is that is was the right portion for me
  • I love the shrimp aroma that was coming from the microwave

• by C.Channing

When it comes to shrimp, I will practically put them with anything. When it comes to seafood, for me, shrimp is up there with crabs. I’ve heard of shrimp scampi, but I had never had the opportunity to try it. I didn’t want to squander money at a restaurant for something I may or may not like; therefore, I went to purchase the brand name frozen dinners I’ve grown to trust: Marie Callender’s.

The thing I like about

the Marie Callender’s shrimp scampi is that is was the right portion for me. I didn’t know whether or not I would like it, and I was glad to see that it wasn’t just a pile of food in the bowl. I put it in the microwave for about five minutes. I love the shrimp aroma that was coming from the microwave. When it was finished cooking, I tried my hardest to remove the red and yellow ...

• peppers because I do not like peppers of any kind. After I saw that I had got all the peppers, I began to mix up the food.

The taste of the shrimp scampi was pretty good. I loved how the garlic sauce wasn’t taking over the entire meal; I loved that the sauce didn’t have too much of an impact on my breath; and the best part was the shrimp was real. I’ve eaten plenty of meals that

included “shrimp” but were artificial shrimps. The noodles were tender and I loved how the sauce stuck to them. It was so good: A shrimp lover’s paradise.

Overall, Marie Callender’s shrimp scampi was better than I expected. The sauce was creamy and just right and it wasn’t heavy at all. The noodles were tender, and the shrimp were real and a decent size. The only thing I didn’t like were the peppers, but I just picked those out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27402979400528/k2311a024/2.4.10