Auckland Scenic Hotel  » Hotels  »
Queen Street, Auckland Central, Auckland, New Zealand
  • However Scenic didn't seem too flashy and the fact you can get a five star hotel for those prices online made it feel like I was paying more than it was worth
  • If you wish to use your car between 11pm and 7am you can't as it is locked up in a council car park

• by Urban Beaute

When I booked into the Scenic Hotel on Queen Street I was expecting much. Firstly I booked online, the thing that was great about that was that I got a really good rate at $160 per night. However Scenic

didn’t seem too flashy and the fact you can get a five star hotel for those prices online made it feel like I was paying more than it was worth.

Scenic is located on Queen Street. The good aspect of this is that it is within walking distance to everything. The bad element? Parking. Valet parking costs $12.50 and they take your vehicle off site. If you wish to use your car between 11pm and 7am you can’t ...

• Auckland Scenic Hotel
      as it is locked up in a council car park.

The staff were friendly but not exceptional, and they looked a bit confused and almost undercharged me. As for the room itself it was small but very cosy, clean and comfortable.

I liked that the bedroom was in an alcove area dividing it from the lounge area.

Overall it was a good stay and I would go back if I needed a hotel in that location. It was much better than expected.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2402979340528/k2311a024/2.4.10