Auckland Orbit restaurant
2.5
Victoria Street, Sky City, Auckland, New Zealand
  • Unfortunately I can't recommend Orbit as there are much better restaurants out there for the prices they charge and I don't feel the rotating gimmick and the free Sky Tower ride is worth it

• by Urban Beaute

Orbit is a restaurant within the Sky City building. Basically to get in you have to go down and catch a lift up, what’s good is that you can park in the building.

I didn’t really know a lot about Orbit before I dined there so I didn’t know what to expect.

First of all the

restaurant rotates which is why a lot of people book it.

We were seated quickly and the service by the staff was good but not great so I can’t rave about it. There wasn’t a lot of items on the menu that I wanted to try. The food seemed kind of bland. So ...

• I chose the roast chicken and it was tasty but again not something I would be ringing home about.

The decor in the restaurant is on the dark side which makes the view fantastic at night, you get to see the Auckland city skyline which is nice at a restaurant. The other aspect I liked

was that by dining at Orbit you get to go up the Sky Tower for free, usually it is twenty dollars per person.

Unfortunately I can’t recommend Orbit as there are much better restaurants out there for the prices they charge and I don’t feel the rotating gimmick and the free Sky Tower ride is worth it.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7302979290128/k2311a023/2.3.10