Hollywood Land movie  » Movies  »
2.5
  • I once again tried to watch the movie Hollywood Land last night and, once again, I found myself turning the movie off
  • I think it’s because this movie was something different from what I was expecting

• by Review Vigilante

I once again tried to watch the movie Hollywood Land last night and, once again, I found myself turning the movie off. I just cannot get through this film.

I think it’s because this movie was something different from what I was expecting.

I think the movie, which is about former Superman actor

George Reeve’s suicide or murder, would have been better if it wouldn’t have been done in flashback form.

I think the writers were trying for something similar to JFK when they wrote the script but fell well short of that and ended up with a movie that is pretty dull for the most ...

• part.

Not that I didn’t learn a bit about the actor and his life prior to dying.

I just think the movie worked a bit too hard to prove his death could have been something other than a suicide.

And, I fail to see what the producers were thinking when they picked Ben

Affleck to play Reeve.

I just could not see the similarities between the two; especially since I believe Reeve had a lot more in terms of charisma than Affleck has.

Of course, none of the cast really stood out.

There was just no energy or chemistry that I could see.

This is a crappy movie that is not worth watching.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11302979140128/k2311a023/2.3.10