Fried Garlic and Pepper Squid recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I love Thai dishes and this is one of my favorites
  • Most famously known as a delicious appetizer
  • This is ideal as an appetizer though I can recommend this also as a viand

• by dimples15

I love Thai dishes and this is one of my favorites. This is like their version of Calamares. Most famously known as a delicious appetizer. This version from Thailand was more spicy and I love it more rather than the plain coating that we use to have which is composed of cornstarch and egg. This one has no egg for its coating but plainly using flour. A bit more spicy too than the normal Calamares. There is

something more delicious in this version because it wades off anything monotonous. Others mix it with hot species in the cooking making it overly spicy. The version I ate in Thailand was like my mouth was raging with fire. I have a created a style to marinate it first to moderate the spiciness. I love this also during karaoke nights with beer and some barbeque.

Ingredients:

5 g chicken powder

30 g minced red bell pepper

1 tsp. ground pepper

1/4 vinegar

Marinate the squid for 30 minutes in with 1/4 cup vinegar and minced red bell pepper. This would give a little spicy flavor to the squid. When you will eat it, the after effect will linger a little while.

Cut the squid in circles and coat the squid with the flour. Mix all ingredients. Deep fry until golden

brown. Add fresh coriander leaf for garnishment. Add sweet and sour sauce.

The technique is to let the spicy flavor of the bell pepper penetrate the squid while marinating it for 30 minutes with vinegar. The squid will have a spicy taste which adds flavor to the pepper and garlic. As an alternative, you can also provide mayonnaise as the sauce. This is ideal as an appetizer though I can recommend this also as a viand.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 49302978521228/k2311a023/2.3.10