Thai Pineapple Fried Rice recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I have incorporated some ingredients which I like

• by dimples15

My version of Khao Phad Saparod or most commonly known as Thai Pineapple Fried Rice is both mix of various recipes plus my own discovery as I mastered this. I have encountered this recipe once in Kris Aquino’s magazine and then I have made research online. I have put some own taste to it too. The beauty also of your own cooking is the originality you put into it. I have incorporated some ingredients which I like. I

really like this when I first ate this in Bangkok. I did not know the name but I ate this several times. Until I have to ask for the name the third time I ate it. They gave me this Thai name and so I have to locate it and fortunately upon reading it in Kris Aquino’s magazine I realized that it was just simply Thai Pineapple Fried Rice.

Ingredients:

10 pcs. Shrimps

50 grams Chinese Sausage

100g Pineapple ...

• Tidbits

1g Fennel Seeds

50 g Red Bell Pepper ( Sliced into small tidbits)

25 g Onions

5g White Sugar

1/4 cup Basil Oil

9 g minced garlic

2 cups steamed rice

1/2 cup fresh coriander

30 ml Fish Sauce

Procedure:

Stir fry garlic using basil oil until golden brown. Mix shrimps, Chinese Sausage, fennel seeds, onion slices, red bell pepper. Then add fish sauce and sugar. Then add steamed rice and pineapple. Mix it well until cook. Keep the fire on moderate heat because it will

damage the pineapple. Serve hot. Add coriander for garnish.

I observed that using Basil Oil for frying is adds more spice and flavor in the fried rice. Also drain the shrimps before cooking it. It would be best if they don’t have water when you fry them. Choose a spicy-flavored Chinese Sausage too to give more twist to the recipe. And lastly, for a beautiful arrangement, place this in an empty half pineapple with coriander on the top.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 49302978481228/k2311a023/2.3.10