Bird’s Eye Voila: Beef Lo Mein
  • The noodles, beef strips, and vegetables looked amazing
  • The thing I noticed most was the variety of color that stood out in the beef lo mein

• by C.Channing

Bird’s Eye Voila beef lo mein is another quick dinner I wanted to give a try because whenever I’m in the mall, my first thought is: Where is the Chinese food? I always order the chicken, rice, and vegetables; I’ve never given beef lo mein a try until I saw it in the frozen food aisle of super Wal-Mart.

The thing that caught my attention about the Bird’s Eye Voila beef lo mein was how good it looked when it was prepared. The noodles, beef strips, and

vegetables looked amazing. When I was preparing to cook the beef lo mein everything smelled good, and the food was still frozen. There was a packet of teriyaki sauce almost to the bottom of the bag, and I glad when I read the directions and didn’t see add water anywhere. All I had to do was add the sauce to the noodles and watch it cook for fifteen minutes.

When I was done cooking, I helped myself to a big helping of beef lo mein. The thing ...

• I noticed most was the variety of color that stood out in the beef lo mein: There was the dull, whiteness from the onions; some green vegetable that I wasn’t familiar with, but I ate it anyway; the orange from the carrots; and the darkness from the meat and brown noodles served as the canvas.

The noodles were tender and the teriyaki only helped enhance their flavor; the onions were fabulous because they were broken down from the cooking process, but still a little crisp; the strips

of carrots were good because they were tender as well; and the meat was the best part. It was moist and succulent: I wanted more.

Overall, Bird’s Eye Voila beef lo mein was the first time I had ever tried lo mein and it was good. Everything from the noodles, to the vegetables, to the beef was cooked properly; again, it didn’t take me long to cook it. It has become one of my favorite meals to prepare, and sometimes I’ll combine two bags in order to have leftovers.

Diana Gilroy says :

re : The noodles, beef strips, and vegetables looked amazing
    5 skinny slices of beef, 1/2 x 2

Really ???????

NEVER AGAIN

Brianna Brooks says :

This is typical of this brand now, it use to be better when I was younger and my mom use to buy them but in the last few year the quality has went down drastically. I also decided to stop buying them as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27302978361228/k2311a023/2.3.10