Baker’s Dipping White Chocolate (Microwavable)
  • I purchased the Baker's dipping white chocolate because I love white chocolate and I wanted to dip some strawberries
  • I like how the container had a top so I could reseal any chocolate that was left over
  • The I found difficult about the microwavable chocolate is having to keep a close eye on it
  • For my second attempt at melting the white chocolate, I decided to melt it over the stove instead of in the microwave

• by C.Channing

Baker’ dipping white chocolate is a baseball-size container of white chocolate discs the size of nickels. I purchased the Baker’s dipping white chocolate because I love white chocolate and I wanted to dip some strawberries.

I like how the container had a top so I could reseal any chocolate that was left over. I like how compact the container was because I didn’t have to worry about rearranging things in the refrigerator to make room. The I found difficult about the microwavable chocolate is having to keep a close eye on it. I followed the directions to the letter when it said to microwave the chocolate for thirty seconds, take it out and stir the chocolate,

and then repeat the process until the chocolate was completely melted.

I don’t know if I had a hard time melting the chocolate because it was white chocolate or if it was the composition of the white chocolate, but even though I followed the instructions, my chocolate managed to get hard and clumpy after one minute ( two thirty seconds heating). When I tried to heat in one more time for thirty seconds in an attempt to salvage the chocolate, it proved to be a waste of time. I didn’t even bother continuing to reheat it, and I ended up throwing the whole container of white chocolate out.

Fortunately for me, when it comes to products ...

• I may like I always buy an extra. For my second attempt at melting the white chocolate, I decided to melt it over the stove instead of in the microwave. Even though this particular Baker’s product is designed for you to heat the chocolate in the microwave, it wasn’t working for me. I boiled some water in a pot, put a bowl on top of that pot, and proceeded to mix until it began melting. I found the old-fashioned way to be more suitable for the white chocolate.

When I got around to dipping my strawberries, the white chocolate was so rich, which is probably why I love white chocolate so much: It’s richer than milk

chocolate. I let the strawberries remain in the refrigerator overnight so the chocolate could harden. The next day, I ate half the batch of white chocolate strawberries because they were so good: Sweetness and more sweetness is a hard combination to pass up.

Overall, the Baker’s dipping white chocolate was created to be heated in the microwave, but it didn’t really work for me. Although the white chocolate itself was good, I’m not really sure about the microwave heating technique. I found that heating the chocolate over the stove made for a better heating solution. In the end, it proved to be a good product, but I now know to practice the old-fashioned way of melting chocolate.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27302978291228/k2311a023/2.3.10