Wal-Mart Great Value Teriyaki Beef Jerky  » Food  »
  • Both textures are good, but I prefer the tender teriyaki beef jerky

• by C.Channing

The Wal-Mart Great Value teriyaki beef jerky is Wal-Mart’s brand of beef jerky. I didn’t start eating jerky until my mom and I would take road trips together, and we would need something to snack on until we either stopped at a fast food restaurant or arrived at our destination. My mom is big on teriyaki which is how I came to eat the Great Value teriyaki beef jerky.

The Great Value teriyaki beef jerky comes in this big,

green bag with a transparent area that allows you to see what the beef jerky looks like. It has a zipper so you can reseal the bag with ease. Even though the bag is large, the beef jerky fills it half way up and there is a oxygen absorbent bag included with the jerky.

Buying the Great Value teriyaki beef jerky is like rolling dice: Sometimes I’ll get a bag with tender beef jerky and other times I’ll get ...

• a bag with hard jerky. Both textures are good, but I prefer the tender teriyaki beef jerky. With the tender teriyaki beef jerky, I can taste saltiness of the teriyaki which is far from eating salt out of a salt shaker. It’s a combination a sweet and saltiness and the balance is great. I love the tender of the meat: I don’t have to chew it forty-five times in order to break it down. A couple of chews
        does the trick. The hard teriyaki beef jerky isn’t so bad, however, I do find myself chewing like an alligator in order to break down the meat.

Overall, the Wal-Mart Great Value teriyaki beef jerky is the perfect on the road snack. It’s easy to keep fresh and the bags come half full, which is a lot considering of big some of the pieces can be. The flavor is great, especially when you can get a bag with all soft jerky.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27302978281228/k2311a023/2.3.10