Wal-Mart Bag of Wild Salmon Fillets  » Food  »
  • I had only had Salmon once in my life, but based on my previous experience with the Wal-Mart bag of Tilapia fillets I thought I would give the Salmon fillets a try
  • The Salmon cuts are pretty generous in my opinion
  • I like when I use my fork to break off a piece, I can see the various layers of the Salmon
  • Overall, I was glad I decided to give the Wal-mart bag of Salmon fillets a try because they were just as delicious as the Tilapia fillets
  • They are savory and flaky and I thoroughly enjoyed eating the Salmon

• by C.Channing

The Wal-Mart bag of wild Salmon fillets is a bag of cut up and filleted salmon; they are individually packaged and come four to five in a bag. I had only had Salmon once in my life, but based on my previous experience with the Wal-Mart bag of Tilapia fillets I thought I would give the Salmon fillets a try.

The Wal-Mart Salmon fillet bag is designed the same way as the Tilapia bag, except there is a burst of orange color and there is a piece of Salmon laid out on a grill. The Salmon cuts are pretty generous in

my opinion: They are thick as a stack of cash and has the length of a dollar bill. It has a nice pink color and everything from the bones to the skin is removed.

I have mastered my cooking technique for Salmon, but I do like to pan cook them with a few tablespoons of butter. The Salmon takes really good to my pan and develops a nice, golden crust on both sides from the butter. I’ll cook it for about fifteen minutes or until all the fat has risen from the inner part of the Salmon to the outer part.

• Even though I don’t really keep track of my time, I still manage to cook it perfectly.

I like when I use my fork to break off a piece, I can see the various layers of the Salmon. It has a nice design to it; it reminds me of the rainbow at times. The Salmon is rich with flavor (enhanced by the butter), a flakiness when it falls apart, and a really tender texture. I like how it can be eaten by itself or paired with a variety of other food groups. For breakfast, I’ll cook cheese grits and sit the

Salmon in the center. I didn’t know what I was doing, but found a food pairing that works for breakfast: I’m getting great nutrients from the grits and Salmon.

Overall, I was glad I decided to give the Wal-mart bag of Salmon fillets a try because they were just as delicious as the Tilapia fillets. I didn’t have to worry about breaking anything down; they were individually packaged so I didn’t have to prepare them all at once; they were easy to cook; and I discovered Salmon goes well with cheese grits. They are savory and flaky and I thoroughly enjoyed eating the Salmon.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27302978271228/k2311a023/2.3.10