Pamprin Maximum Strength Multi-Symptom  » Medicine  »
  • I prefer it over other products (Midol) claiming to provide the same relief because they simply did nothing for me
  • The few days before I know my period is about to start, I pop a couple of these for bloating issues and crankiness
  • As for me, I think I'll be buying Pamprin for as long as I have a period

• by TriedAgain

I’ve been using Pamprin Maximum Strength for years now to counter period symptoms. I prefer it over other products (Midol) claiming to provide the same relief because they simply did nothing for me.

Pamprin differs from other brands that say that they can help or end your period symptoms because it contains acetaminophen as it’s active ingredient instead of ibuprofen which does nothing for me at all. The other two ingredients listed on the bottle are a diuretic

(caffeine) for bloating and an antihistamine to address irritability.

The few days before I know my period is about to start, I pop a couple of these for bloating issues and crankiness. It works wonders! The bloating is gone after a very short time and I can fit my pants all the way through my period. If I don’t have any Pamprin on hand, my period will be hell. None of my clothes will fit, I will be ...

• a pain to deal with, and the cramps will be almost incapacitating.

Comparing the price of this pill to that of Midol, this one is better deal. There are less in the bottle of Pamprin than there are in the Midol bottle but you won’t need many. I can get away with taking 2 in the morning and maybe 2 in the evening. The label suggests against taking more than 8 in 24 hours anyway.

Of course you

shouldn’t use these when you are drinking and they can cause damage to your liver over time but most drugs, even those over the counter, can cause serious problems if you don’t take them properly or for too long. I would also advise against using this product if you are a coffee drinker as I previously stated that it contains caffeine.

As for me, I think I’ll be buying Pamprin for as long as I have a period. It’s a must!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26302978231228/k2311a023/2.3.10