Guerlain Ombre Eclat Duo  » Cosmetics  »
  • I found that I could define my eyes and have a cat’s eye look by lining thickly

• by laurenlauren

When I encountered the Guerlain Ombre Eclat Duo in a department store, I was immediately stunned at its luxurious gold case with a slightly domed lid. The only downside to it is that it’s so shiny that it retains fingerprints like crazy, but still, it looks elegant. The chic compact houses two complementary eye

shadows – gold and bronze, plus a strip of dark brown eyeliner.

With only a few colors, I was able to create different looks. I found that I could define my eyes and have a cat’s eye look by lining thickly. If I wanted a smoky result, I would only need to blend the darker eye shadow into the lash line and finish the look using the lighter shimmering shade. The colors are on the sheer side so it takes a bit of effort to get the hues to show, but this is exactly what I’m looking for in eye makeup. This is so that my eyes won’t ...

• Guerlain Ombre Eclat Duo
      look overdone. I usually opt for sheer hues so that I’d be more in control of how I’d look and so that I’d make minimal mistakes. Moreover, because the colors are not that pigmented, I can use them during the day. Through practice, I discovered that I can pull off subtle smoky eyes even
      in the office during my meetings.

What makes blending easier are the brushes include with the palette – a shadow brush and a liner brush that both helps in accurately applying the makeup. This plus the factors that I mentioned above are what made me very happy with my purchase. I’m certainly buying the same palette again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31302978111228/k2311a023/2.3.10