Trebor Soft Mints
  • My favourite is the Spearmint flavour as I prefer Spearmint anyway, but you can also buy Peppermint flavour if you prefer
  • I enjoy the hard/soft combination of this sweet

• by jeanne71

I adore Trebor Soft Mints, although I did break a tooth on one of them! I just eat them more carefully nowadays! I find these mints to be incredibly moreish and I usually tend to binge on them, eating one after the other until they are gone. I get them every now and then but not too often as I have

no willpower and would get fat.

You can buy a single pack of Soft Mints but they are better value in a multipack of six and Tesco are currently selling these for £1.

73, which works out at better value than if you buy singly.

Wrapped in foil, each mint is a chunky looking pill-like sweet that reminds me of those old mints called Imperials.

They have a hard shell and the flavour of this is a mild mint flavour.

It is quite refreshing but not nearly as strong as say Polo mints even.

My favourite is the Spearmint flavour as I prefer Spearmint anyway, but you can also buy Peppermint flavour if you prefer.

Inside that hard casing you get to the chewy part,

• Trebor Soft Mints
      which is just a mint flavoured chewy sweet.

I enjoy the hard/soft combination of this sweet.

Yes, I broke that tooth on it years ago because I tried to bite down on the soft mint before it had really got soft enough, as sucking it for a while softens it slightly.

I quite enjoy the sensation of biting through the hard casing

to get to the chewy centre but these days, I am so scared of losing further teeth, that I go very gently! For the sake of your teeth, suck it a bit first.

Soft Mints are a lovely mild mint, chewy sweet.

Due to being so mild, they are probably not as effective at breath freshing as other mints but they are really tasty anyway.

shengnn says :

re : I enjoy the hard/soft combination of this sweet
The crispy outer coating and chewy center give it a texture which will make you surprised for every bite. If you don’t like too rocky sweet which can make your teeth hurt and too soft sweet which has no texture at all, this sweet is your choice.

Anne schmechel says :

re : My favourite is the Spearmint flavour as I prefer Spearmint anyway, but you can also buy Peppermint flavour if you prefer
You have changed the ingredients to your soft mints. The new mints stick to your teeth like bubble gum and are not enjoyable anymore. My friend and I are in our seventies and it causes us difficulty in chewing and to stop them sticking to our teeth. Please revert back to the original recipe we have some of the old stock to finish but we will not be buying anymore and there must be other customers thinking the same

Jeremy Scholes says :

I have just come across this post having googled “Trebor Soft Mints Changed” - I have had these regularly at home, in the car and for on walks and for the last month or so they have changed as you describe - they disintegrate into several bits which just stick to my teeth - I’m afraid they’ve lost a customer.

Mr fuller says :

I have been buying Trebor (soft mints spearmint) for many years.
They are not softmints anymore they are hard as rock.
Filled Ina complaints online form direct to Trebor the do not respond.
There is no phone no to speak to anyone what a poor way they run there business
I have read many reviews saying the same . I will not be buying any Trebor products
In the futcure

vincent says :

im glad I found these reviews as I thought it was me being fussy , why the hell has some idiot messed about with the trebor soft mints which in fact are now renamed terrible hardmints , had been buying them for years , not anymore , have you heard the phrase if its not broken don’t try to fix it .

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27302977911128/k2311a023/2.3.10