Blue Bell Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Half Gallon Ice Cream
  • The best part about the ice cream was seeing little stones of hale chocolate chip cookie dough sticking out of parts of the ice cream

• by C.Channing

When it comes to chocolate chip cookie dough, I am completely obsessed with it. If it wasn’t for the FDA or the CDC saying eating raw cookie dough can put you at risk for E. coli, I’d probably consume it on a regular. So, imagine the joy on my face when I saw a half gallon of Blue Bell’s chocolate chip cookie dough staring at me. There was no discussion or debate–I had to purchase the ice cream.

Like so many of my favorite Blue Bell’s ice cream,

I couldn’t wait to fill up my bowl. This was not like the other Blue Bell ice cream, this one was special, so I piled it on as much as my bowl would allow. The best part about the ice cream was seeing little stones of hale chocolate chip cookie dough sticking out of parts of the ice cream. I liked how the chocolate chip cookie dough wasn’t grouped in one area and none in the next. They were all distributed evenly in the ice cream, giving ...

• me a bits and pieces of cookie dough with each bite.

The taste of the chocolate chip cookie dough was like running a marathon, and then settling down into a chair to rest afterwards–that calming feeling that comes over that allows you to settle down and be a peace. I loved how the flavor of the chocolate chip cookie dough carried into the ice cream itself: It wasn’t just cookie dough and then vanilla ice cream. The chunks of cookie dough was so good and had that rawness

that only uncooked cookie dough can provide. I loved the crunch of the chocolate chips. The ice cream was just so reminiscent of sneaking that last bit of chocolate chip cookie dough before putting the cookie sheet into the oven.

Overall, I have loved some of Blue Bell’s ice cream, but the chocolate chip cookie dough is perhaps my favorite. It incorporates my guilty pleasure of eating cookie dough and ice cream in one. The cookie dough is just like real cookie dough, and the ice cream itself is addicting.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27202977690828/k2311a022/2.2.10