Dole Mango Chunks  » Food  »
  • When it comes to frozen fruits, I like to stick with Dole because they have a great reputation when it comes to providing fresh fruits
  • Overall, Dole mango chunks are the best frozen, real fruit there is
  • I love how when it says chunks on the bag, it actually means chunk size pieces

• by C.Channing

Dole Mango Chunks is a half size bag of frozen, generous cuts of mango. When it comes to frozen fruits, I like to stick with Dole because they have a great reputation when it comes to providing fresh fruits. I purchase the Dole mango chunks quite often because I like to make smoothies with them, and I also like to eat them in a fruit salad–frozen or thawed.

The thing I like best about the Dole mango chunks is that they come in a bag that you can zip open and close. It saves me

time in looking for a zip lock bag to place the mango in after I open it. I like how big the mango chunks are: They are about the size of half a doughnut hole. When I open the bag for the first time, that smell of fresh mangoes never cease to amaze me. It’s like being in a tropical field of mangoes and they are ripe for the picking. Sometimes they are stuck together in the bag, but it’s not really hard to separate them: A crush on the bag from my hands ...

• or hitting the bag against a hard surface to loosen the mango pieces from one another.

The taste of the Dole mango chunks is so authentic and true to the mango flavor: It’s both sweet and tangy. I like how some of the mango chunks are firm with a more pronounced flavor, while others are a bit more tender with a subtle taste. I like how they are great for eating frozen or thawed, and I love making smoothies with them. My next step is to start incorporating them into recipes.

Overall, Dole mango chunks are

the best frozen, real fruit there is. They have the same great quality and taste as a full size mango you would buy out of the fruit section in the grocery store. I love how when it says chunks on the bag, it actually means chunk size pieces. The cuts are not always even, but they still are the best. I love how the bag comes with a zipper, making it easy to secure the bag. I also like how easy it is to store in my freezer. It is the best frozen fruits I’ve eaten.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27202977660828/k2311a022/2.2.10