Grand Palace in Bangkok, Thailand  » Travel  »
Thai Wang Road, opposite Saranrom Park Bangkok, Thailand
  • I think we spend less than 100 Baht from Grand Palace to our hotel in Pratunam
  • I'll give it a 10 for the wonderful experience

• by Krung Krung

This is the first place, i’ve visited in Bangkok. From the hotel, we managed to get a cab to the Grand Palace. But beware, do not get taxis offering a fix amount. Like for us, he offered 50 Baht for the trip. On our way, he then asked us if we could go inside this jewelry company so that he can get a free gasoline. Ofcourse, to show sympathy we said ok. Again, after going there, he offered another jewelry shop to visit, this time we said no. This is actually

the way taxis are in Bangkok, so just a precaution if you don’t want your time to get wasted. Just ask the driver if it’s a metered trip or not. I think we spend less than 100 Baht from Grand Palace to our hotel in Pratunam.

Upon entering to this gorgeous place, you could already see the Thai culture especially in building structures. The entrance fee is 250 Baht with a free entrance to Vimanmek mansion.

The grand palace is a big place covering a temple and several courts. The temple of ...

• the emerald buddha was just opposite the Grand Palace. The palace is merely covered in gold color, it also houses several old statues and a beautiful mural on its walls.

My favorite is the miniature temples, i think it’s rock-made, located inside the Palace grounds. Also those giant statue guards carrying a sword is a must see. We also went inside the temple, shoes are not allowed inside, that’s why we just put it outside. Also, one should wear a decent clothes. Revealing clothes such as shorts, mini skirts or spaghetti strap

dresses are usually not allowed. If you want to enter the place, you can hire a sarong to cover your skin.

I personally loved this Grand Palace trip cause you will learn Thai culture in half-a-day. I’m so amazed that i don’t want to leave the place. This place is also good for photography. So don’t ever forget your cameras. Highly recommended and a must-see tourist attraction.

I’ll give it a 10 for the wonderful experience. And for making me feel like i’m Anna from the movie Anna and the King. heheh

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38202977490728/k2311a022/2.2.10