Doctor Who season 1 episode 6 Dalek
2.0
  • This episode wasn’t one of the most interesting one of this season, it was average I think, and I must admit that I still haven’t seen a really good episode of this show although this was the 6th episode already
  • There were a couple boring and totally messed up scenes, like the one when Delek is chasing Adam and Rose, they think he won’t be able to go up the stairs but they are wrong because he can fly

• by lorelai

Rose and The Doctor arrive in USA in 2012, something is blocking their signal and they stop in some kind an alien museum. It is the museum of Henry van Statten a very rich man who cares only about the money. But at the museum there’s also one living alien exhibit, one of the oldest Doctors enemies, Dalek.

Dalek constructed a steel shield around himself and didn’t want to talk to anyone except the Doctor and Rose, he tried to kill the Doctor but when Rose touched him he absorbed her DNA and from a cruel creature without feelings he started feeling and doubting himself. In few occasions he even had a chance to kill Rose but as he started feeling he couldn’t do it.

In the end, Delek blows

up himself. There are a few very badly acted moments, like the one when von Statten realises that The Doctor is also an alien so he starts torturing him.

We find out that The Doctor has 3 hearts. Anyway, von Statten is beaming a ray of red light on The Doctor and that’s how he sees what the Doctors has under the skin but in the same time this ray hurting the Doctor so he is screaming.

That screaming and hurting part is really badly acted, the Doctor exaggerates and in the same time his movements aren’t really believable. I must admit that sometimes I find the Doctor to be a little bit to much theatrical.

I liked the character of Adam in this episode; he is really cute and ...

• likable. The episode wasn’t very exciting, I mean, there was this R2D2(I call Delek R2D2 because his cover really looks like R2D2 from the Star Wars) who was killing the soldiers that were guarding the museum but we all knew nothing was going to happen to Rose nor to the Doctor.

This episode wasn’t one of the most interesting one of this season, it was average I think, and I must admit that I still haven’t seen a really good episode of this show although this was the 6th episode already. We got a very good idea about Delek’s powers and I guess we need no more explanation about why The Doctor destroyed his planet.

is chasing Adam and Rose, they think he won’t be able to go up the stairs but they are wrong because he can fly. The scene really sounds exciting and it was supposed to be full of tension but it was too long so it was actually boring and it looked stupid.

There was Delek at the bottom of the stairs and Rose and Adam half a floor in front of him it took him more than a minute to start flying and the whole time Adam and Rose were just standing there instead of running away. I mean, if he wanted to kill them he would have done it because he had more than a minute to do it.

I didn’t like this episode very much because the plot wasn’t very interesting.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10202977290728/k2311a022/2.2.10