Nelsen Classic Lemon dishwashing detergent  » Housewares  »
  • I agree but I have really sensitive skin, my sister says that my skin is almost transparent almost like a human fish plus the water is here rather hard so it dries my hands even more and on top of it the detergent irritates my skin sometimes so no wonder I hate washing the dishes
  • Nelsen is one of the brands I buy often because it is a good and reliable brand and although I can’t say that it is perfect, because the only detergent I would consider perfect would be the one which washes the dishes by itself, as a similar detergent doesn’t exist, yet, I can say that this one is very good
  • Yesterday I was making pizza and I like to put a lot of salsa on it so the salsa got between the baking pan and the pastry so it kind a burned and when I took the pan out it was partially black with big masses of black burned salsa
  • I thought it was going to take me ages to wash that off especially because baking pans are rather sensitive and if you use scrubbers or scourers you risk damaging your pan
  • I am quite sure I will be buying this product when it is on discount again and I would advise you to do the same, you won’t regret

• by lorelai

I am one of those people who really don’t like doing the dishes. I have never liked it since I was a kid. I guess, now you’ll say, who the he** likes doing the dishes! I agree but I have really sensitive skin, my sister says that my skin is almost transparent almost like a human fish plus the water is here rather hard so it dries my hands even more and on top of it the detergent irritates my skin sometimes so no wonder I hate washing the dishes. I’ve been advised to use the plastic gloves but then my hands get all sweaty and the effect is almost the same. My hands are the main reason why I by only good brand dishwashing detergents and gels and why I only use a few brands.

Except that there’s another reason which is that I hate when the detergent leaves bad smell on my hands. It happened to me several times that I had found a rather good dishwashing detergent but I never bought it again because it would make my hands smell terribly and I would hate the smell while I was doing the

dishes and I would run to the bathroom immediately after finishing with the dishes to wash my hands heavily with the soap. It is not that the fragrance of those detergents was bad but what was bad was some kind an after-smell they would leave on my hands and on the sponge. Nelsen is one of the brands I buy often because it is a good and reliable brand and although I can’t say that it is perfect, because the only detergent I would consider perfect would be the one which washes the dishes by itself, as a similar detergent doesn’t exist, yet, I can say that this one is very good.

Yesterday I was making pizza and I like to put a lot of salsa on it so the salsa got between the baking pan and the pastry so it kind a burned and when I took the pan out it was partially black with big masses of black burned salsa. I thought it was going to take me ages to wash that off especially because baking pans are rather sensitive and if you use scrubbers or scourers you risk damaging your pan. What I did was to put some hot water in the pan and I added some Nelsen Classic lemon dishwashing detergent, I left it for about 10 minutes and when I got back I didn’t need scourers nor scrubbers, just a normal sponge and a little effort was enough to make my pan clean again. The grease was also gone.

This product comes in a big bottle which holds 1 litre of the detergent, there are 3 people in my family and it usually lasts for about 3 months even though we don’t spare it. On the commercial you can see that just one drop is enough to clean a bunch of dishes with just one movement of your hands but that’s not totally true, actually that’s not true at all. This detergent makes really nice thick foam but even for that you are going to need at least 5 drops, one won’t certainly be enough but the foam is really dense and it really cleans well. The detergent is rather dense too and it is green, dark green and it smells really nice.

It doesn’t really smell like lemon but like something sour lemon-ish. You ...

• Nelsen Classic Lemon dishwashing detergent
      can wash a lot of dishes with those 5 drops you put on the sponge, not as many as they show on the commercial, but a lot. It functions really well with mild hot water and with cold one too. During the summer I really hate washing the dishes with very hot water because it is hot outside already and I don’t need to raise my temperature with really hot water so I use mild hot one if I don’t have to wash something really greasy or made of glass.

With cold water it cleans glasses perfectly but even with mild cold one it is close to perfection. The fragrance it leaves is very refreshing and I find that really great because sometimes when you wash really dirty dishes, like from frying or baking, they can leave a bad smell in the kitchen. Nelsen Classic Lemon washes all these smells away. It is also gentle to your hands; it doesn’t dry them out much, although if you wash a lot of dishes it will dry your skin sooner or later.

Sometimes I use when I drop food on my clothes, especially hot chocolate, salsa, coffee

and similar stuff that often leave marks, I put it on the stain and leave it for 5 minutes then I wash it off and rarely the stain remains. I do the same even with blood stains. I like the fact that this detergent is very effective and rapid too. It doesn’t need a lot of rubbing to remove the grease from your dishes or the remains of the food.

I would like to recommend this product to everyone who is looking for a good dishwashing detergent because it isn’t expensive, you get a lot of it and it is often on discount, we bought it for 1. 39 Euro only and I really don’t think that’s much for 1 litre of this great washing detergent because it would be less than 50 cents a month if it lasted 3 months and I am pretty sure it will, at least in my house. This really is a quality product because it is doesn’t irritate sensitive skin on your hands and it washes the dishes perfectly. I am quite sure I will be buying this product when it is on discount again and I would advise you to do the same, you won’t regret.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53202977260728/k2311a022/2.2.10