Tales of Symphonia video game
  • That, and some of the dialogue (as well as the whole story line) is clich鬠but in my opinion it's done well enough that it doesn't matter too much
  • While yes, this game would have benefited from better graphics, I can't say that I was disappointed
  • The only problem is, not everyone is in favor of this for various reasons
  • Don't expect Final Fantasy for the GCN, because it's not, but it's a game I would definitely recommend to RPG and Gamecube fans

• by Akari
      Tales of Symphonia was one of the first and only good RPGs for the Nintendo Gamecube. I was attracted to this game because it was 1) an RPG for the Gamecube (and we all know how rare those are), 2) had adorable anime characters, and 3) because it features a real-time battle system. To start with the battle system, I was absolutely overjoyed that it wasn’t another turn-based strategy game.

I have nothing against Final Fantasy, but it’s rather frustrating when you can’t block attacks or move the healer

out of the line of fire. And plus, in a real battle, you don’t stand there and wait your turn before moving and attacking.

A good free-for-all is always fun. The only complaint I have here is that in multiplayer mode, the camera focuses on Player One.

So, if Players 2,3, and 4 are too far away, you’ll just have to mash buttons and hope that you’re hitting something. Another thing I really liked about this battle system was the intelligent AI.

So, if you’re Player 2 and you’re

somewhere off the screen getting your butt kicked by a monster you can’t even see, the CPUs will actually cast healing magic when you need them to. There’s nothing I hate more than a healer that just stands in the background doing absolutely nothing.

Tales of Symphonia is certainly a game that values gameplay over graphics. The characters are anime-inspired and look like a bunch of five-year olds.

That, and some of the dialogue (as well as the whole story line) is clich鬠but in my opinion it’s done well ...

• Tales of Symphonia video game
      enough that it doesn’t matter too much. While yes, this game would have benefited from better graphics, I can’t say that I was disappointed.

The basic storyline in this game is that the Chosen One, Colette, must go on a journey to the Tower of Salvation to regenerate a dying land. The only problem is, not everyone is in favor of this for various reasons.

You don’t actually play as Colette, but as her friend Lloyd, who has his own connections with her journey that he discovers along the

way. Encountering an enmity between elves, half-elves, and humans as well as befriending the enemy and suffering betrayal are nothing new in terms of fantasy RPGs, but it’s done well in Tales of Symphonia.

So, if you?re looking for a nice RPG to sit down with for a while (it took me upwards of 70 hours to complete, and the game spans two discs), then I’d say try Tales of Symphonia. Don’t expect Final Fantasy for the GCN, because it’s not, but it’s a game I would definitely recommend to RPG and Gamecube fans.

Ish says :

I used to play this game, it was really cool. This basically sums up my whole childhood and wow The nostalgia I have gotten from seeing this is insane. I love to play games like this, but nobody knows how to make good games anymore, it’s pretty dumb that most companies make games for the money, these were the only developers I actually could connect to.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 28121097711131/k2311a1012/10.12.06