The Co operative Hot Cross Buns  » Food  »
  • As I wanted to eat these whilst they were still fresh, it gave me an excuse to gorge myself on them this afternoon and I have had three of them already and they were delicious
  • These make a delicious snack and I like to have one in the evening watching television as I get peckish a couple of hours after dinner
  • Even though I bought this last packet close the sell by date they are still lovely and fresh
  • I would recommend this product from your local Co-op, on every street corner in Britain

• by jeanne71

These are lovely Hot Cross Buns from The Co-operative’s own brand and I only paid 30 pence for them as they had been reduced as they were nearing their sell by date. That is one of the good things about the Co-op and you should always look out for reductions.

The normal price for this packet of six buns is £1, or you can buy two packs for £1.

which is great if you have a family.

As I wanted to eat these whilst they were still fresh, it gave me an excuse to gorge myself on them this afternoon and I have had three of them already and they were delicious.

These are of a perfectly good quality and are very much worth the full price.

Each hot cross bun looks good before you start to toast it,

• as it has juicy raisins poking out and the top of the bun is glazed and shiny.

These buns really need toasting so I cut it in half and put it under the grill (they will get wedged in your toaster as they are too fat!) until toasted.

With a good butter smeared over them whilst they are still warm these are absolutely beautiful hot cross buns with a

warmly, spicy flavour.

These make a delicious snack and I like to have one in the evening watching television as I get peckish a couple of hours after dinner.

They make a nice breakfast too.

Even though I bought this last packet close the sell by date they are still lovely and fresh.

I would recommend this product from your local Co-op, on every street corner in Britain.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27202977010628/k2311a022/2.2.10