Paintstiks art supply
  • Painstiks are the inventive combination of acrylic paints and oil pastels, and quite possibly the best excuse to revert back to finger painting

• by Akari
      Painstiks are the inventive combination of acrylic paints and oil pastels, and quite possibly the best excuse to revert back to finger painting. Paintstiks are extremely fun to use; they have a self-sealing outer layer that you peel off each time you want to use them, so they’re always ‘fresh’ and

ready to go.

The first time I used them I couldn’t believe they were actually a manufactured art product, and I tried using them like regular paints or pastels.

Let me tell you, that didn’t work.

With Paintstiks, the whole idea is to get messy by blending colors with your fingers ...

• and smudging things around until they remotely resemble what you’re trying to paint.

Then I wonder, why did I ever stop finger-painting in the first place? Don’t get me wrong, I’ve seen some amazingly detailed artwork using only Paintstiks.

And sometimes, I find it easier to work with them than trying

to translate my artwork through a paintbrush of palette knife.

When you work with Paintstiks, you don’t have any other tools getting the way of you, your paper, and your creativity.

Paintstiks tend to be a little on the expensive side, but they are well worth the price! (And, yes, they ARE spelled “Paintstik”!)

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 18121097691131/k2311a1012/10.12.06