Ultimate City Tours by Super Sightseeing Tours, San Francisco  » Travel  »
2627 Taylor Street, San Francisco, CA 94133, Ph: 415-777-2288
  • I was wondering how to make the best of the stay, with two conference talks to give in one afternoon
  • Seeing that the other tours cost just a dollar or two less per person, we chose to go with Super Sightseeing, on their Ultimate City Tour combined with a Bay Cruise by Blue & Gold Fleets
  • Being a photographer, I was quite disappointed by the low frequency of stops

• by jerrymouse

I was in San Francisco recently with my wife for two nights. I was wondering how to make the best of the stay, with two conference talks to give in one afternoon. The receptionist at the hotel pointed out that the best way to visit the city attractions in a day is to go on a City Tour by one of the several tour companies. She recommended Super Sightseeing saying that they were all friendly people. Seeing that the other tours cost just a dollar or two less per person, we chose to go with Super Sightseeing, on their Ultimate City Tour combined with a Bay Cruise by Blue & Gold Fleets. The cost was 71 dollars a person, and we had to deposit $30 in cash to the hotel receptionist.

A minivan picked us up at 9AM from the

entrance of a nearby hotel. Then it went to a few more hotels to pick up tourists. At their office, we were given tokens to board a bigger tour bus, which was almost full. The first place they took us to was at the city end of the Golden Gate Bridge, and we were given 25 minutes to spend there. The tour guide never stopped giving information on all the roadside sights.

The next place to be was the North Beach, which had a spectacular view from atop a hill. But the guide had stopped the bus a little further down the hill, and gave us only 5 minutes to stay and take photographs. Then he drove us through the Golden Gate Park, and Chinatown, without stopping anywhere along the route. The next place he stopped was at Twin Peaks,

• and from there we could have a 360 degree panoramic view of the whole city.

The next few places he drove through were near downtown, and a stop in front of the gorgeous City Hall. But we didn’t get enough time to walk towards the Hall and see it up close. We ended up doing what the brochure originally says: “On your tour you will SEE Chinatown, Fisherman’s Wharf, Victorian homes, Presidio National Park, …, and more.” We saw most of the places when the bus was driving through them! Then that’s what I expected of such ‘Ultimate’ City tours!

What I really liked is the lively commentary of Joe, the tour guide. He had to talk and drive at the same time, and there were moments when he dropped the microphone because he got honked by nearby cars. There

was a moderately long queue at the company office, since only two people were serving all of the tourists. Being a photographer, I was quite disappointed by the low frequency of stops. All I could do is take some snapshots from the bus. But later on, I walked to some of the places close to my hotel, and photograph them.

The tour was about 2 and half hours, and we reached Pier 39 with Joe with enough time to spare to get on our Bay Cruise with Blue & Gold at 2:30.

This is a good tour if you are visiting San Francisco just for a day or two. If you’re staying for longer, you may want to take this tour on the first day. That way, you get to know the places and you can see them more closely at your own time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38202976820628/k2311a022/2.2.10