Hyundai Sonata
0.5
  • I kept seeing commercials for the Hyundai Sonata and it's 10 year, 10,000 mile warranty, so I thought that would be a very reliable car, and the warranty would cover me until I got some more money to buy a better car

• by matilda
      When I wanted to buy a bigger car, I was looking for something inexpensive, yet offered a good warranty. I kept seeing commercials for the Hyundai Sonata and it’s 10 year, 10,000 mile warranty, so I thought that would be a very reliable car, and the warranty would cover me until I got some more money to buy a better car.

Upon signing the paperwork at the dealer, I was

informed that if you buy a used Hyundai, even a year old, the warranty is invalid.

So my 52,000 mile car had no warranty.

I had to spend an extra $1800 to purchase a warranty, which I later came to find out was invalid.

My problems with the Sonata started almost immediately.

It would try to cut off on me on the highway; the check engine light would come on ...

• after having it serviced the day before.

In fact, on my way home from the mechanic, it cut off again on me.

The fixtures were a joke.

If I went to use the turn signal, the whole knob snapped off.

After getting it repaired, it did it again, on a different side, to my husband.

I ended up owning the car for 12 months before calling the Salvation Army to

get that nightmare of a car off of my hands.

Out of the 12 months, the car worked for maybe 8 of them.

I was out for the loan $8,000, and if I divide how much the car actually worked, I would have been better off financially if I had rented a car.

Lesson learned, I will never buy Hyundai again.

If I could give this car a lower rating, I would

Hyundai Sonata

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 9121097661031/k2311a1012/10.12.06