Cost Plus World Market 6 hour tealights, 50pk
  • I love all kinds of candles, but I stopped buying votive candles years ago because I couldn't deal with the mess anymore
  • The thing I like is that they're only a hair bigger around than the standard tealights, so they still fit in all my votive candle holders
  • They're about 9 bucks for a bag of 50, but I think they're actually more economical because they tend to last twice as long in my house as regular tealights
  • My only real gripe is that the Cost Plus World Market where I live doesn't always stock them, so sometimes I come away empty handed

• by Scarlet Hughes

I love all kinds of candles, but I stopped buying votive candles years ago because I couldn’t deal with the mess anymore. Tealights are my candle of choice for all of my votive candle holders. I light candles on an almost nightly basis and I go tend to through them quickly. Usually the standard tealights don’t last more than about four hours, which is annoying when you’re having guests over.

I hate having to change all of the candles just when my party is hitting its stride. That’s why I love the 6 hour tealights from Cost Plus World Market. They last for hours and hours if I’m entertaining and two nights, sometimes three if I’m just lighting them for myself during the evening.

These tealights look just like regular metal tealights from the drug store only taller. The thing ...

• I like is that they’re only a hair bigger around than the standard tealights, so they still fit in all my votive candle holders. They’re about 9 bucks for a bag of 50, but I think they’re actually more economical because they tend to last twice as long in my house as regular tealights. Also, the wax is never crumbly like with some of the cheaper brands.

My only real gripe

is that the Cost Plus World Market where I live doesn’t always stock them, so sometimes I come away empty handed. If I really wanted to nit pick I could fault them for not making a soy wax version. Still, these are my favorite tealights right now and the item I return to Cost Plus World Market over and over for, even if it takes me out of my way.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 12202976500628/k2311a022/2.2.10